Saturday, July 21, 2007

VCAs fucking rule!

Pretty self explanatory I guess, but months ago, when I was asking my friend Brandon about modulars. and just general advice on what kinds of modules to check out, he said "you'll want several VCAs". At the time I thought, "ok well I'll get an exponential one for the audio and a linear one for CV and that's all I need." For whatever reason, I didn't remember using VCAs very much at all when I had the Nord G2 and I think that lead to my bias. Well I'm certainly glad that I accidentally ordered an extra linear VCA (actually dual linear VCA) because I can't get enough of them. It's becoming that every time I pause to think "ok how can I get ..." I can do it with a VCA somehow. And of course, anytime you wish you had a 3rd, 4th, etc hand to tweak some knob...all you need is a VCA. Fucking rad.

modulars are cool

:D

1 comment:

kakihara said...

Hell yeah, I can totally relate to that! Same thing happenned 2 years ago when i've started building my modular, I came from Nord Modular and Nord Modular G2 so "hey VCA... who needs them?"
LOL!!
They rule indeed!!!!