Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mmm...modules

Like I said, I couldn't resist the AH 2 year anniversary sale. Unfortunately, there were some items out of stock by the time I placed my order (Plan B Poly Envs, Livewire FrequenSteiner, Doepfer 138c Mixer) but I got everything else. Not pictured is the second Doepfer A-100P case which I also picked up (their last one in stock apparently). I'll get youTube demos up as soon as I can, but probably won't start on them until next weekend at the earliest. I'm still getting used to all of them and have to catch up @ work after being away on vacation.

I will say that I am immediately impressed by the Livewire Vulcan Modulator, Dual Cyclotron, and the Dual Bissel Generator. The Dual Bissel Generator in particular with it's linear/exponential adjustments is very interesting. I haven't even started to mess with the various jumpers on the Vulcan...

I'm already fiending for an oscillator.

Oh yeah, and the blue LEDs on the Vulcan and Dual Cyclotron are way too bright. It really does hurt your eyes when you look at them like I have heard people mention. I'm going to try and see if my wife has some kind of translucent nail polish or something I can smear over it to diffuse the brightness. The scotch tape approach is too ghetto for me.

2 comments:

Zerosum Inertia said...

hehehe super bright LED's LOL!
My studio monitors are like that and the computer monitor is right in the center, its so bad that i cant see the screen cause i have a blue flash in my eyes,even when i close them...

So I did the ghetto thing and put some black stickers over them...
Or strips of a sticker I should say,
but it works and its the same color(black) as the monitors and gets the job done...
But it is funny when these LED's are stabbing you in the eyes and your trying to move a mouse, or in your case patch a module!
Looking forward to the future of your insane noisemachine!!!!

felix said...

Yeah and of course these are flashing, so it's like constant little daggers into my eyes, especially when the studio lights are off (just like I like 'em). It's somewhat easy to avoid looking directly at the one blue LED on the Dual Cyclotron, but it's pretty impossible not to accidentally look directly into one of the two on the Vulcan. The funny thing is they are so much more bright than the green LEDs on the Dual Cyclotron...here's these two green ones, quite comfortable to look at, and then the blue one just tears your retinas out :P I still love'em though!